Perfect Powerhead Quest

cameron

Market
Reaction score
Well the Vortechs are impressive if you dont mind a bit of noise, have a 4' tank or can afford to run 4 or more in a 6'+ tank. However two in my tank is just too noisey so these puppies will go up for sale soon at a really good price (less than I paid for them and I got them new at a good discount).

My search continues for a super queit, small form factor, low wattage, wave makable powerhead that I can easily install. You would think someone would figure this out already.

I'm surprised yours are so loud. They tend to be noisy if they are not perfectly aligned, which is a pita. Mine are barely audible except in reef crest/ lagoon. They are noticeable though in pulse mode as they are cycling up and down.

I would be glad to have you over and help me work the kinks out. I can throw in some food and a frag or two as well.

One of the pumps is clearly not sounding right as it is the motor itself making the racket. I plan on getting that one returned under warranty. The other might be an alignment issue, but I haven't been able to quiet it down.

No need for compensation. I'm always glad to help out. I'll bring along one of my pumps as well for comparison as a "control".

That would be great. Work from home so I am home pretty much all day and most evenings. Just let me know what is a good time for you and I will clear my schedule. Many thanks.

Back