Petco fish sale and my experience

nasa_tiger

Market
Reaction score
Just an FYI for everyone, PETCO is doing a buy 2 get 1 free sale through tomorrow on all saltwater fish, coral, and invertebrates. I know they don't do a good job taking care of their fish but if you have a QT set up (like most of is do), it is a pretty good deal. I picked up an electric dottyback, watchman goby, and purple fire fish for $65

And I can officially say the guy working at the Smyrna location had no clue what he was talking about. I saved a few fish from certain death in customer tanks while I was there. One guy had a 90 gallon tank with a purple tang and was trying to buy 3 yellow tangs. I had to explain how his tank wasn't really big enough for one tang but no matter, the purple tang would kill the others. He had no clue. He then wanted to buy 2 dottybacks and I had to explain that they would fight. I also had to explain saltwater "ich" and the reason to have a qt tank as he wanted to do a reef tank. Then he asked if I would drag some of my corals and sell them to him. I think it took about half a second for a "hell no" to come out of my mouth... Ha

The one in Cumming has saltwater but it's pretty bad. If you want to see what an extreme case of Ich looks like check it out!

The one in Dalton, Georgia is actually almost decent with SW fish. It is the only location I have been to that I can say that about. I want a Golden Head Goby and would probably finally risk it if they had one.

Back