ph and dkh

kevinbeth

Market
Reaction score
When i started my new 90 gal tank my ph was at 8.4 but my dkh was low.I have brought my dkh up to 9 now but my ph has fallen to 7.4. Is 7.4 dangerously low? Ihave a bottle of pro-buffer dkh, will that bring up my ph levels?

add kalk and slowly bring it up try not to use a buffer .....7.4 is a little low how are you testing it mine gets to 7.7 and i dont like that too much cause it will go up to 8.2 threw the day ...i have many swings in my ph and i think it is affecting my corals .....do you have a fug cuase if you do you can do a reverse light cycle

I am using an api test kit. No i don't have a fuge.I have a tidepool bio wheel.What is kalk? I

kalk will bring your ph calcium and alk up ........you can go to the supermarket and get mrs wages picking lime and use about 1/8 of a teaspone every 2-3 days with fresh ro water then slowly pour it in your tank

i didn't know that--is that the same as that kalkwasser stuff? How many gallons does that make that you just described?

My calcium level is close to 500. Are there any ill effects of using that such as bringing calcium to high?

idk i get a cup of ro water and mix it in it has been slowly bring my ph up as well as my calcium

i dont think it is a problem i want to keep it that high but i have alot of hard corals that just suck up the calcium out of the water

sorry, for the hijack, kevin, but this stuff brings up calcium, pH, and alk??

yes it should thats why you cant over dose it ....it is the same exact thing as kalkwasser

sorry--but for real-you just use that stuff and you can't really overdose?? (I mean to an obvious extent)??

It works for calcium, ph, and alk??

Back