pH Fluctuation

mred

Supporting
Reaction score
<span style="font-family: Courier New;">My pH is not changing like I would expect. It is staying in the range of 8.25 to 8.33. I don't think that is not too wide a range. But the oddity is that it goes UP at Night, not down. Any ideas at to why it goes up instead of down at night? As a starter thought, could I have such a bio load (hard and soft corals and a dozen fish in a 150g) that the O2 level is depleted during the "lights on" when most of the activity is happening? :huh:</span>

Do you have a fuge on a reverse light cycle? Are you running a Cal reactor or a Kalk Reactor only at different times in the day?

Actually, none of the above.

I dose Liquid Reactor, Iodine, and Strontium about every third or fourth day, depending on the CA levels. Trying to keep them abour 400+.

Hmmmmm

Do you live in a black hole? That is wierd. I would double check the probe, as mentioned. Actually, perhaps the lighting ballasts are provided some sort of interference with the PH meter.

Maybe you have the pH probe connected backwards...:D

Seriously, that is really weird. Do you have a CA reactor or kalk reactor? Is your skimmer on a timer?

I will recalibrate the probe, though the pH has been in the same range since I installed it three months ago.

That is a reasonable possibility.

Skimmer on 24/7. No CA reactor as I mentioined earlier.

mred;145626 wrote: Actually, none of the above.

I dose Liquid Reactor, Iodine, and Strontium about every third or fourth day, depending on the CA levels. Trying to keep them abour 400+.

Hmmmmm

Do you dose anything every day? Does the pH rise at night even when you don't dose anything?

Do you have more people in your house during the day compared to the nights?

Do you open windows in your house during the day, and shut them during the night?

Back