pH meter reccomendation

dave

Market
Reaction score
It's time I step up from strips and get a meter. Is any one brand better than the other?

Thanks for any info...

Instead of just getting a meter, I'd recommend spending a lil bit more and getting a controller. One day down the road you're going to want to control some device based on pH typically as a safety cut off.

Agreed. In that case the Milwaukee SMS 122 is pretty popular. Also many computer devices such as Aquacontrollers or Reef Keepers do this as well, so you might even invest in one of those if you want something that does a whole lot more.

+1 for the controller. an RK2 is fairly cheap and can be found used quite easily.

I have a milwakee orp controller that i've been happy with. I would assume the ph version would be quite comprable.

I like the milwakee, because they are a good value and reliable. Also they come with a built in AC adapter. This is a separate purchase with an American Marine controller. If you splurge for the PH controller you can always hook it up to a calcium reactor down the road. Also they are used for freshwater planted tanks.

ORP/PH combos are popular, even if you are not running ozone, monitoring ORP can give you a limited snapshot of the health of your tanks and alert you to a problem before it gets out of hand.

Back