Ph meter/ tester ?

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
Looking to buy one, does anyone have any info or opinions they would like to share? Maybe type you have, do you like it, were you got it? Maybe, if you want to share what you paid for it.

dude i say save your money and get a controller youll be happy you did they are about 300 for everything you can get an aquacontroller jr or a reef keeper 2 hope this helps victor

Ya if it was a choice. I would get a controller... If you want a hand held for some reason. I would go with the one like I have made by Hanna. It is small, compact and available on e-bay. Just get the one that measuses two decimal places and not just one.

Victor626nj;123845 wrote: dude i say save your money and get a controller youll be happy you did they are about 300 for everything you can get an aquacontroller jr or a reef keeper 2 hope this helps victor

Yeh, I would never buy a ph meter either Victor. ;)
Seriously though, if you aren't ready to drop the $300 on a controller yet... you can always pick up something like a milwaukee ph meter for relatively cheap ($40-$60 used, ~$80 new) and use it as a backup once you get a controller.

i have this one if you are interested...

showthread.php

thanks for the input. I will continue research

I will have Milwaukee PH Controller available soon. I just purchased a AC3 and I will no longer need mine. I bought this unit from Sammy at Aquabuys about two months ago. It's working perfectly on my Life Reef Calc Reactor at the moment. The probe is good and measures up with my AC3 PH Probe. If your interested PM me.

Here's a Pic:

mw_s1210.jpg
alt="" />

Sorry Ramone....This probably isn't what your looking for. This is a PH controller not a PH Monitor. It's a Milwaukee <span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">PH Controller Model SMS122.</span></span>

the one bronco has can be used as both it wouldnt matter the good thing about his is that it controlls a calcium reactor too,but can still used as a monitor

Victor is correct in that the PH Controller<span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;"><span style="font-size: 12px;"> SMS122</span></span> is a Monitor and a Controller. I miss quoted and had a Senior moment!!!

Save your money up if a controller is too expensive right now and buy a good pH test kit for around $10. A controller in the end isn't very expensive once you factor in a temp monitor/controller, ph monitor/controller and the ability to programatically turn on/off lights and such.

Back