ph of RODI

skriz

Reaction score
I just checked the ph of my topoff water (few day old rodi) and it was 7.94

What is it usually? I thought that it was much lower than that?

Perfectly neutral water will have a pH of 7. But tap water (pre-RODI) will range between 5 and 9 depending on location and treatment of your water.

Testing the pH of RO water is almost useless. From the same container I've poured it into three different glasses and each one read differently. I guess it depends on how much CO2 is in the water.

I'd assume that it would be 7, but it has no buffering capacity.
That's why it can't be used to calibrate pH monitors.

0-1 tds RO/Di water will have a pH lower than 7.1 under normal earth conditions.

Check the pH of freshly made RO/DI water, if it's 7.8 then you need to do a tds test and probably change out all of the filters.

tds reads zero coming out of the rodi. I'll check it in the container....it used to read 7.0/7.01...I bet it's contaminated. Thanks ouling

Is their any useful reason to test the PH of your RODI water?

The type/mixture of DI resin can effect the PH. Some separate bed DI resins can get high or low Ph's.

Roland Jacques;76138 wrote: Is their any useful reason to test the PH of your RODI water?

The type/mixture of DI resin can effect the PH. Some separate bed DI resins can get high or low Ph's.

To do a freshwater dip. How else are you going to know when it matches the ph of your tank?

OH, to FW dip your fish. My head was was somewhere else.

What do you use to bring up your fw PH when dipping fish?

seachem ph buffer, or mrs. wages.

but, since mine was so high, and my tank's is low right now (7.99) I didn't bother.

Back