pH probe calibration - HELP needed

demifelix

Market
Reaction score
I just hooked up my RKE and don't know why I struggle so much trying to calibrate my pH probe. Anyone in the area has some time tomorrow can help a brother out? Before I calibrate the pH probe it was reading 8.34 on my tank, which seems high since I had my water tested by Pure Reef recently around 8.0 and my Salifert kit also test 8.0. However, after calibration, my tank now reads pH 10.3. I dip my probe into DI water and it reads 8.5. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but I can't tell what I did wrong. Please help. Thanks.

Im not sure with reef keepers, but with the apex i needed a low and a high to calibrate my PH probes. for my displayed i used 7 and 10, for my reactor i used 4 and 7.

I just got an Apex controller with a ph probe and was advised to use the 7 and 10 packets - and to "wash" the probe with RO water in between calibrations to avoid contamination. You may have, but im not sure i would have thought of that if i hadn't been told.

you need to have both 7 and 10 to calibrate it. Do you have the RKE application guide? It has the steps in there on how to calibrate the probe.

If this still doesn't work, try this:

Using myReef with the system up and running. Select the SL1 from thr tree on the left. When you are on the SL1 screen in the upper right corner select diagnostics. On the right side of the screen there is a button restore from cal file. Click this if it will let you. If it lets you do this disregard the rest of this. If not down below there is a snapshot cal file. Click that to save what you have. Now do a set to factory defaults for the pH port. You will have to calibrate the port again after doing this. If this fixes the issue then go back and do another snapshot cal file encase you have a cal issue again you can restore from that file.

thanks guys. The instructions for my RKE V2 do not specify that I must use 7 and 10. It's my first time calibrating this and so I didn't know that I need both, so I only bought pH 7 packets. Guess I need ph 10 packets now.

it should step through the calibration when you hit calibrate. It should ask for 7.00 first and then after you let the status data numbers stabilize, you hit enter until 10.00 appears and then let the numbers stabilize and then hit enter until you see calibrate and you are done. Rinsing the probe in RODI before, between, and after

May be mine is a older version, but hitting Enter will only toggle back and forth between the word "Target" and the "target pH" on the right side. Above the word "Target" is the word "Next" on the first screen and the word "Save" on the second screen. I think it's because I only have 1 calibrating solution so it messed up as I tried to calibrate both times with target pH of 7.

that is interesting. Do you have these manuals?

a>

thanks for the link. I read the manual and it's not as clear as this, so I only bought 7.0 solution :(

Back