ph probe recommendations

redstang

Market
Reaction score
I use the Neptune probe holder. Anyone know if the Neptune ph probes, or another brand, are made of thicker material and less likely to crack than the American Marine ones? It's not like I torque the screw down...

But I've cracked 2 American Marine probes now. Ready to try something different.

I use a rubber (I think that's the material used) probe holder with a suction cup attached to it. So you can change the mount instead of buying new probes. I believe this one came with my ORP probe. I'm not quite sure where to get them so I'll be following.

IMAG4127_1.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Hmm, wonder of there is a rubber sleeve I could slide over it. I like the probe holder. Just wondering if a reef specific probe might be made a little tougher.

I do believe it came with my ORP probe so it should be reef safe. Its the same diameter as the PH probe.

I am currently using the BRS pH probes. they are a pretty good value, I think. Not sure of material thickness, however. I think you'd be OK with the Digital Aquatics, Neptune, BRS or American Marine one. Just stay away from the Neptune and try one of the others, I guess?

All of the above are the Ag/CL types and all have about he same lifespan.

If you are cracking them with a screw-in type probe holder, sounds like you need to back off the torque a bit. I screw in mine until it just touches the probe body, no further.

Back