PH question

rostato

Market
Reaction score
Ok, so my tank finished cycling last week and I did a 20% water change.

Here are my readings using all API test kits and refractometer
PH 8.0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Ammonia 0
Phosphate 0
KH 179PPM
Calcium 460PMM
Sal 1.025

My question is should I just leave the PH be? I have onnly 2 crabs 2 astrea snails, some mushrooms and yellow polyps in there right now. I am waiting for the rest of my clean up crew and another clown so I can put him and my other clown in the tank at the same time.

My plan was to leave it alone and keep testing after I get some fish in there and see if it stays stable. The PH has been 8.0 since the 12th when I first added the water. I figure if it's steady leave it alone. Good plan?

I would raise it

a>

I wouldn't raise it.

The *number* is not as important as the <u>stability</u>. If you're consistently at 8.0 and not fluctuating, then that level is fine for your particular system.

Once you add livestock, continue to monitor PH levels. If you remain stable, don't struggle just to attain a particular number.

If you're running a sump/fuge, run your fuge light opposite the lighting on your display to help maintain a consistent PH level.

See
showthread.php

Yeah i am already running my fuge on a reverse cycle. The PH has not moved since I added the first saltwater to the tank.

Thanks for the help I will leave it alone.

Back