Phosphate remover?????

falisu

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or tried this PO4-minus product before? Does it work? I know, I know, I don't want the lecture about don't add anything that you can't test or try to control phosphates naturally by reducing feedings, growing macroalgae,using RO/DI water,regular water changes, dripping kalk, etc. or something.I just want an honest opinion from someone who has tried it.
http://www.korallin.de/bild6.gif" alt="" />
[I]<span style="font-family: Verdana;"><span style="color: #000066;"><span style="font-size: 1+3px;">PO4-Minus</span></span></span></em>

<span style="font-family: Verdana;"><span style="color: #000066;">[I]<span style="font-size: 1+2px;">Phosphate Remover </span></em></span></span><p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;"><span style="color: #000066;">Very easily in handling this product renders your protein skimmer as a Phosphate Exporter.

Prevents outbreak of undesirable hairy an cyanobacterial (red slime) algae. Eliminates foamy water that results from frequent feeding and contaminated water source.

Facilitates protein foaming and enhances coral and coralline algae growth. For marine fish and reef aquarium.

This has to be a coincidence as this product was developed in Germany. It is ableto bring down your PO4 level from as high as 3 mg down to 0.5 mg in 24 hours (depends on the skimmer size).

Depending on your water quality, skimmer size and levels of PO4, sometimes indicates a somewhat slower response time - which is about 0.04ppm PO4-drop / usage of PO4-Minus, then on the 5th day, BOOM, PO4 disappeared all of a sudden. So its de-phosphate effect is enormous, expect an abrupt drop in PO4 on around the 4th - 5th day. Starting PO4 levels in other tanks ranged from 0.15 ppm to 1.6 ppm, and PO4 levels dropped to nearly ZERO as well! Best to be used with the Korallin Trace Elements to maintain a healthy kH.

</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Verdana;"><span style="color: #000066;">This product has been overdosed 10 times in our aquarium for many occasions to show its harmlessness to reef animals. Most of its users in Germany use this product once per week to control the PO4 in their all-fish aquariums which require constant and large amount of feeding.</span></span>

<ul>
<li>[IMG]http://www.korallin.de/Dscn1921k.jpg alt="" /></li>
</ul>

Haven't used this, but I would suggest to anyone to use probably the most tried and true method of riding phosphates... GFO. Why fix what isn't broken? GFO works, is cheap, douses other nasty heavy metals and a variety of other nasty bits possibly floating around. Like carbon it is easy to put in and lasts a good while before needing removal. I change my carbon and PhosPure (the brand I use) once every two weeks.

Granulated Ferrid Oxide. Basically what most of the phos-absorbing materials are made out of. I use DrsFosterSmith PhosPure, but RowaPhos and others are just as good since they are all virtually the same.

falisu,
Who sells that Korrallin?

MattTVI,
I dont think puragen has any direct effect on phoshates

Roland Jacques wrote:
MattTVI,
I dont think puragen has any direct effect on phoshates

Hey, you may be right... it claims to remove Am, nI, and nA... I always figured it soaked up a little of everything... :)

Back