Phosphate

Great catch by the op!

Also, all good advice!

That said, 0.4 is kind of a lot of phosphate.
The EPA limits discharge waters to 0.1ppm to avoid accelerated eutrophication. So, if your water company discharged what you seem to be getting, the water company could be fined. I’m thinking it can’t be that high...?

What test are you using.

Great catch by the op!

Also, all good advice!

That said, 0.4 is kind of a lot of phosphate.
The EPA limits discharge waters to 0.1ppm to avoid accelerated eutrophication. So, if your water company discharged what you seem to be getting, the water company could be fined. I’m thinking it can’t be that high...?

What test are you using.
Hanna

Yes and just check about 7/8 months Yikes
That's not too bad if you don't make a lot of water. If you make decent volumes then they may be getting too old. The di could also be releasing it as it picks up something with a higher charge. I saw this with silicates in Gwinnett, haven't see that happen with phosphates but it's possible.

That's not too bad if you don't make a lot of water. If you make decent volumes then they may be getting too old. The di could also be releasing it as it picks up something with a higher charge. I saw this with silicates in Gwinnett, haven't see that happen with phosphates but it's possible.
di is brown at bottom

I don't think it's coming from the tap that high either. The di doesn't have to be completely color changed to release molecules with a lower charge as it pics up higher charged ones. Silicates are near neutral so they go first. BRS has some good videos on this.

If you have some citric acid, or know someone that does, I would give it a rinse with 5% citric a couple times. Followed by fresh DI rinse. Then see what you have.

Sometimes, plastic manufacturers use a mold release agent to help get the polymer to release after molding.

I've got some, but I'm nowhere near Conyers.

Back