Picasso Clowns hosting Open Brain... Trouble??

xokarmaxo

Market
Reaction score
I got a pair of baby Picasso clowns today and after being in my tank for 2 hours, they took an interest in my red open brain, and are actually hosting it now. They are in LOVE with it and won't leave it. Sometimes they will take turns pushing and shimmying each other out of it and then sometimes they will just cuddle in there together. (awwww) They push the snails and hermits away from it when they get too close. http://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/images/smilies/laughing.gif" alt="" />

Not sure how happy the brain is going to be about it, and as cute as it is to see, I'm a little worried. Won't the hosting kill the brain? Or, more importantly, isn't there a good chance that the brain may eat them?? [IMG]http://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/images/smilies/flaming.gif" alt="" /> I would absolutely be heartbroken if my brain ate my babies!

I guess this means that they are adjusting pretty well to their new little home, huh?

[IMG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd281/kthorpe74/host12.jpg alt="" />

host11.jpg
alt="" />

host5.jpg
alt="" />

host14.jpg
alt="" />

This one looks like they are whispering to each other. LOL!~
host17.jpg
alt="" />

Nope you have nothing to worry about. Clowns will host in the craziest of places. The brain might be irritated at first but it'll learn to deal with it.....epically when the clowns start to bring it food.

Is there a possibility of the brain eating them? Like when the lights go out and the feeder tentacles come out. These clowns probably wouldn't know what in the world the brain was doing. :unsure:

No, unless the clowns are dead. Jorges (jgoal55) clowns hosted in his open brain and never had any issues.

Okay, whew! I certainly don't want anything to happen to these babies. They have the sweetest personalities and I've already fallen in love with them. :blush:

This being their first day in the tank, I tried to feed them ORAglo pellets, which is what they are supposed to be used to. I put some in the tank and the ones that floated by where they could get to them while they remained in the brain, they would go after; the other ones, if they had to leave the brain to go after it, they left them alone. :doh:

Actinics are on right now and they're still at it... :D

actinic4.jpg
alt="" />

actinic1.jpg
alt="" />

Showtime305;164803 wrote: Nice clown and nice pics!

Thanks!! Love the ones in your avitar too!~ Where did you get them??

As of today, one of them is still hosting the brain, the other was kicked out until it gives in that the one in the brain is the female. :D

Heh, the female and male relationship in clowns is so fun to watch.

I'm actually sad watching them go through it because the female is being SO mean to him! She won't even let him NEAR the brain anymore and he refuses to shake at her, and just retreats to the top front corner of the tank, swimming furiously, going nowhere.... :eek:

Yeah they will go thu that for a bit. I remember when i got my maroons. I had one in the tank about a month before I added another. I thought the one in there was for sure the female. So I added a smaller 2nd one. The one in the tank abused the new one for a day or two then out of nowhere the smaller one started attacking the old one and later turned out to be the female. Pretty crazy, but they turned out to love each other in the end. Unfortunately its something they go thu, just make sure the beatings arent too bad. But I'm sure they will dim it down after a week. The main thing is once they host, the female makes it abundantly clear to anyone (esp the male) that the host is HERS not theirs. Eventually she'll let him back in, but will always chase him out if she feels cramped.

Well, I hope they end it soon. The beatings aren't too bad, but after a confrontation, they're both huffing and puffing and probably doing a bit of cussing too. :D The female will swim up to his little corner like she wants him to chase her back to the brain. :confused2:

I'll be glad when they get back to their "tolerating each other" state. :yes:

xokarmaxo;165311 wrote: Thanks!! Love the ones in your avitar too!~ Where did you get them??

AJ got them from me, they were the ones I originally purchased for you.

- Tim

tim8111;165396 wrote: AJ got them from me, they were the ones I originally purchased for you.

- Tim

ahhhh.... well, they're still cute and look a bit different now! :blush: Sooo glad that they went to a great home! I just happened to fall in love with the pair of naked ocellaris that you had there and decided to take them home instead. :yes: They're still in my 29 and doing awesome!~ :yay: Spoiled rotten. :D

spoiled7.jpg
alt="" />

When I got my 14, I decided to try Picasso's again because I really, really wanted a pair, but I wanted ones with the middle and tail bars connected, as you know. I gave saltwaterfish.com a try since I had a $60 credit with them for winning 3 photo contests and ended up paying $65 each for them. :yay: I know there's always a chance ordering fish online sight unseen, so I just crossed my fingers and ended up blessed with one picasso that has the middle and tail bars connected on both sides and one picasso with middle and tail bars connected on one side, and both bars touching on the other side. Picky, I know... but when you're paying over $50 for a fish, you might as well be happy with what ya get, right? :D They may not be beautiful to anyone but myself, but I couldn't be happier with them!~ :yes:

Back