Picked up my new tank today...

darren24

Market
Reaction score
But I can not get it out of my van until some neighbors get home! It was custom made 36 x 25 x 25. Starfire on 3 sides. Center overflow in the back. I had them make me a stand also. It is very nice. Made of Oak and the front panel lifts out. Also had them put in a lift out side panel so that I could replace or work on the sump if I need to. They made the sump as well it is 29G. I will take some pics later tonight. I was instructed that I can not put water in it for 2 weeks. That is killing me!

oh man F that! Sweet that you got your tank tho :)
cant wait to see some pics. Wish I was getting out of work early, I'd help you out.

It is still wrapped in celaphane (SP?) but looks nice. This guys operation is incredible. 4 1/2 hour drive each way sucked though. Mark I may need some instruction on the overflow materials. It came with bulkheads (schedule 80?) I bought an overflow kit online but these holes are bigger so I will have to build the drain pipe and return pipe. Scares me as I am not real savvy making things! May have to trade a frag for labor help!

Darren24;98343 wrote: It is still wrapped in celaphane (SP?) but looks nice. This guys operation is incredible. 4 1/2 hour drive each way sucked though. Mark I may need some instruction on the overflow materials. It came with bulkheads (schedule 80?) I bought an overflow kit online but these holes are bigger so I will have to build the drain pipe and return pipe. Scares me as I am not real savvy making things! May have to trade a frag for labor help!

Help is free Darren...just let me know when and we'll make several trips to Lowes and wha-la, durso overflow and nice return! Have you thought about what type of return you are going to run? 3/4" or 1/2" locline, educator or penductors, check-valves, etc?

Probably just 3/4 locline. Lee thanks for the offer but I just need to get a couple of neighbors to help me get it 10 feet out of the van in to the garage for now. Going to paint the back black.

Congrats Darren, I can not wait to see it up and running. You always have the best looking tank around! *Jealous*

OK still no neighbors to help me get the tank out. Got bored so here are the sump and stand. The stand is unfinished oak. The front panel lifts out and I had them add a side panel just like this on the left side that lifts out to pull the sump if I need to. The stand is 31 inches high.

DSC00770.jpg
alt="" />

DSC00771.jpg
alt="" />

DSC00769.jpg
alt="" />

Darren24;98358 wrote: The front panel lifts out and I had them add a side panel just like this on the left side that lifts out to pull the sump if I need to.

This is a great idea! Didn't you have the problem with your last stand that you could not get your sump out unless you went through the top?!? No more of that problem I hope!

WOW!!!!!

I totally have tank envy! Why two weeks before you can put water in it, though?

I think they want to make sure that the silicone has cured. They make these custom to order.

WOW! That's awesome, Darren! I don't know if I could hold out two weeks before putting water in it. That would be way too difficult.

Well finally got the tank out of the van. Again I wanted a "cubeish" type tank. It is right around 93G.

DSC00772.jpg
alt="" />

Also picked up one of these power strips off of Ebay that has the individual on / off switches.

DSC00774.jpg
alt="" />

nice, I've been meaning to get one of those power strips. The tank looks great!!! Same as Marks, but a lil smaller. Congrats man, this is going to be awesome!

The lighted rocker switches are great for us older folks that have CRS! I'll check out the pics when I get home Darren, I bet it looks awesome!

Schweet!!!
I was going to guess a 95 Wide from Glasscages when I saw the dimensions and the description of the stand.

That's my dream tank. I'm thrilled to finally see one!!
Even nicer than I thought.

I had a Glasscages stand and canopy for an old 125.
I think I spent about 36 hours total sanding, staining and painting it.
I went thru a LOT of sandpaper.
Lots of work, but a beauty when done. And built like a tank! (No pun. LOL )

I'd really like to see it in person some day.

Back