Pickling Lime

chull13

Market
Reaction score
I have read this is a cheaper substitute of kalk but where can I get it? Someone said the grocery store but my local publix didn't have it.

Kroger and Piggly Wiggly have it near the condiments section. Mr. Wedges is the brand name.

Have you ever noticed it says Pickling Watermelon Rinds? I mean I am originally from southern Missouri. Most of my family farms watermelons and we definitely ate "southern" but pickling a watermelon rind seems to be taking it a little too far! I mean we used all of the hog...but all of the melon? Has anyone had a pickled watermelon rind? Curious minds want to know what it is like!

the kroger has it by me in their fresh produce section.....like where all the onions and tomatos are in the baskets....its kinda in a stand type thing...if you cant find it, let me know and I'll gladly pick some up for you, youre not too far from me.

how much of this would you mix with make-up water to dose. i understand you need to find out what your system uses but wondering about the first time to raise the level in a 29 gallon say around 100.
ive never dosed with this stuff but i used it in a paste to kill aiptasia. works great.

Another source for the lime is the Wal-Mart super stores. It's not in the food section but over in the area where they have tupperware and kitchen tools.

Back