Pico jar??

salty

Market
Reaction score
Just for fun, I'd like to try a pico. Here's my plan: fill up a mason jar with sand and rock, hook up to air pump and desk light/cheap reef light, cycle for few days, put in xenia, mushrooms, or blue sympodium (or just any coral you'd have to nuke to kill) and do 100% monthly water changes. How does this sound?

<p style="text-align: center;">sounds like a cool plan. i had a 1 gallon acrylic iced tea container ( the one with the push dispenser on the bottom )made water changes really quick. put a 5 polyp sun coral frag in it did half water changes daily had it setup for over a year by that point had the whole thing full of sun coral. i regret taking it down might have to set 1 up again 😁 post some pics of you progress

I'd like to see this! Sounds fun. What about a heater?

i didnt run mine with a light or heater just a air stone to agitate the water i eventually ditched the air stone because of salt creep getting everywhere i ended up using a really small pump i had laying around

Tlig7x3x9hkho26p4l24vfzw9orntqau2.jpg
alt="5CD893C2-6D60-47EF-981B-7C071F801583" />

Here.... This would make a great refugium

More pics from previous fellas who had it done please. Hope I setup one in the future, not that small but a 5 gallons Marineland Contour 5, already have T5 fixture and small HOB filter as an extra, I think I'll transfer the Micro ATO to it, is small and can fit easily, I still thinking on using the smallest chiller available to keep on temps, skimmer ... I don't think I'll use or need one, might be to keep oxygen up, but not sure.

I've had a 5g for a few years now. It's always been pretty easy until recent dino issue

Back