pineapple sponge? ?

kstyle13

Market
Reaction score
I have what I understand to be pineapple sponge. It came in a piece of rock. I thought it died during my cycle but paper rent lyrics they are troopers. So i removed the rock that utterly I felted with them and I dipped it in peroxide. Then rinsed it in old tank water. Then I didn't feel like I had done enough so I soaked it for 3 days in the peroxide water. Then just as an added measure I left it in a tub of old water from my water change for about a week. I figured the nasty stagnant water would obliterate any sponge growing on it. Then I rinsed it well as I changed water during the next water change. Then I left it in a tub I set up to "cycle" the rock since I know I destroyed everything on it. Well during this time I found another sponge so I reached in to remove it.... oops. Apparently that released spores and my sump walls were covered with baby sponges in only a weeks time. We'll I changed out my sump from a 55 gallon that I had b early filled to 3 ten Gallons plumbed together. One is a fuge one is my equipment chamber and one is my return/ato. While it got rid of the sponges on the walls my rock in the fuge still has them and my DT has them.... I read that they were beneficial so it's not too big of a deal... but what causes them and are they really good or bad? I'm not posting a pic since there's no way to I'D what type of pineapple sponge it is. I just know it's pineapple sponge

I have a pretty big orange sponge growing in my tank on a piece of rock. Not to hijack thread but anyone have a clue what kind it may be?

Back