Pipe Organ Coral

linda lee

Market
Reaction score
Not asking for someone to do the research. I'm doing the reading, but also seeking opinions. I think these are very pretty and they don't look too difficult.

My tank is 33 gal with 96x2 PC's and moderate flow. Would this be okay in my system?

Everything I have researched for my tank so far has been a *no* and every almost-impulse-buy at the LFS's has been a *whew-I'm-glad-I-didn't-get-THAT* when I checked later.

Just wondered if this guy could be a possibility.

Anyone have one now or in the past (not for sale or trade but to give me your opinion)?

Thanks!

~Linda

P.S. ~ on sale now @ Live Aquaria, so I might be able to get in on the Group Buy.

2187126PipeOrganCoral.jpg
alt="" />

Ya it is a pretty good choice for a beginner coral. (not to imply anything) Adapts pretty well to lighting, can handle a wide range of flows, like "non-perfect" water so a underpowered skimmer is a good thing for this coral (as it is for alot of soft corals). Two down sides, it can be fragel but that is not a problem in the end, just means it is eay to frag! ;) the second problem is it is know to get brown jelly infections. Treatment is fairly easy if it does get it and fairly suceddful.

I say go for it, I have seen some cool while varietes and they are stunning!

It's beautiful, IMO. I have every intention of getting one for my final setup.

If you have hair algae problems, they can become farms for it, though, since cleanup crews can't get between the pipes.

George;58251 wrote: It's beautiful, IMO. I have every intention of getting one for my final setup.

If you have hair algae problems, they can become farms for it, though, since cleanup crews can't get between the pipes.

Have no hair algae, but this coral is supposed to have some kind of symbiotic relationship with another type of algae.

Also... I have (what I think is) a toadstool leather and it had a small, maroon-colored patch that seemed to be growing on it. Yesterday (stupid me) flicked it off. THEN when I was reading up on the Pipe Organ, I checked the toadstool and it mentioned the same algae relationship. Waaaaaaaaaah... did I just I kill the toadstool by removing its food source? Will it come back? :'(

Linda Lee;58258 wrote: Have no hair algae, but this coral is supposed to have some kind of symbiotic relationship with another type of algae.

(

.....zooanthelle?

Back