Pipe size

benpoole28

Market
Reaction score
I have a jaebo dct12000 pump and I'm wondering what size pipe to use. It will be pumping up 4' to a tee, then split to make two returns. I read online that it will never hurt to use larger diameter pipe than you think you need, but it seems to me that would reduce the pressure and reduce the flow rate. I'm thinking of running 1.5" pipe but it seems awfully large. I know allot of people are using this pump, what size pipe are working well for you guys?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ben,
1" pipe would work just fine, when you tee off and get up to the tank your going to reduce to 3/4" for the lock line anyway.
Your should have lots of water flow with that.

Absolutely use the largest pipe you can. It will actually increase the flow. IMO it is much better to reduce the flow with a valve not pipe. Not sure where the whole larger pipe less flow started but it is not accurate. That said, you may not need more flow but if you do at least the pipe will not be the determining factor.

I already have the exact return setup I need put together with 1.5 that came with the tank. I'll try it first. Thanks guys.

When I bought this pump, I wondered if it would be enough for my 200g tank. Turns out, I cant run past 50%. It is a BEAST!

Whatever the outlet size on the pump is double it for best results. Go up one size minimum though.

Back