Pistol shrimp issues...

harleyguy

Market
Reaction score
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Is a Pistol shrimp dangerous to the fish in the tank??? The reason I ask is that in the last 3 months I have lost several fish... When I say lost.... I mean they completely disappeared... gone... Last night (very late) I walked past my tank and as I often do I started watching in (in the nice moon light ) that's when I was my pistol swimming about... </span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;"> </span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">It was all over the place and swam almost all the way to the top of the tank... I watch it for a while and got tired and had to sleep... When I got up this morning I looked at the sand and noticed that it had weird "tracks" all over it... I assumed this was from the shrimp... Did I mention that this pistol is kind of large (as pistols go)... I would have to say that it is 2 1/2" long... </span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">So again my question... Is it possible that this guy is getting hungry at night and feasting on some nice sleeping fishes????</span></span>

I had my cleaner shrimp and a coral beauty disapear within two weeks. Both were eating and very healthy. No traces of them. Nor could they had jumped out the tank since it was covered. I had a pistol in the tank. Had to break it down to get him out.

I'm a bit worried about my pipefish, but other than that, not sure..............

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">I think I'm going to try and catch him and put him in a nice little (2.5 gallon) nano on my desk.... I don't want it eating my Picasso's... That would be a bad day...</span></span>

Back