Pistols and Goby's

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
I really was not familiar with these critters...

I picked out a Wheelers Shrimp Goby and Tim got me a decent size pistol that has the identical coloring as the goby. Tim also ept the pair for a week and they became best of friends..

I guess Im wondering if anyone else has had great success out of the gate like I have or is this not terriby normal?

Lastly...If its pretty normal for them to "hook" up then I would HIGHLY recommend a pair for the smaller tanks. They are hilarious to watch, it's like he Wheelerhas a leash aorund the Pistol as the swim around.

Thanks for the great pair Tim

you had luck cause they were paired in that little cube ..useally it takes some time but congrats man ...and yeah they are funny to watch ...i would get a pistol for my goby but imm afraide it will kill my cleaners....who do a wonderful job cleaning my fish when i have an ich break out

That was the other thing...I had Tim keep my cleaner shrimp with the two of them for the week so I know hes cool with my cleaner too...

I am one lucky Bas@@@@

I finally got a couple pics....Theyre coming out more and more...They are FAST</em> though

Its awesome they they evenlook the same... Hope you enjoy

Wow that is so cool! I'm so jealous I've wanted a pair of those for so long. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for those guys? I might have to get a pair too.

tnyga;127528 wrote: think it was about 40 not alot

A lot of place charge more for pairs. I have found if I put a goby and shrimp in a small cube in my invert tanks they pair up within a few hours.

Ive got the Randalls. Mine found each other within a minute of putting them in the tank.

The shrimp keeps an antenna on the goby at all times. The goby just kinda chills while the shrimp is constantly digging.

After one week of having them there were new and vacated burrows all over the sand bed but it is very rare for him to burrow up front where they can be seen but you can hear that shrimp shooting all the time.

I seem to be losing my clean up crew at a fairly steady pace!

Totally cool critters

Victor626nj;127249 wrote: you had luck cause they were paired in that little cube ..useally it takes some time but congrats man ...and yeah they are funny to watch ...i would get a pistol for my goby but imm afraide it will kill my cleaners....who do a wonderful job cleaning my fish when i have an ich break out
No problem with my pistol and cleaner. Been in same tank several months.

I had one pistol with 2 gobys in the same burrow for a while. One of the gobys moved to the other side of the tank lately. My pistol sure can move some sand! He/she has re-arranged everything at one point or another. I rarely see the pistol, but see the gobys all the time. Sometimes the pistol will venture out at feeding time...

Back