places that power coat

cment

Market
Reaction score
I have a friend of mine who is building a steel stand for me and im looking for a few places i could call for estimates for getting it powercoated, any suggestions guys?

A lot of machine shops and auto body places have powder coating equipment. The biggest challenge here, is to find one with an oven large enough to bake the frame.

you could do an epoxy paint with a urethane topcoat would be cheaper and easier to repair later on down the road if you get any chips or scratches just be sure to prep the steel

PufferChris;1056139 wrote: you could do an epoxy paint with a urethane topcoat would be cheaper and easier to repair later on down the road if you get any chips or scratches just be sure to prep the steel

Interesting...this would be the fist time with a steel stand, what are the advantages/disadvantages of doing this vs. powercoating? Do you have a link to a recommended epoxy paint? How often would I have to reapply the paint?

I prefer powder coating but I have seen the value of this finishing system on industrial and military applications.

a>

Thanks for the link it definitely help. I'm going to stick with the powder coating. So back to my original question, any recommendation of who to call. I'm not looking for the cheapest place, just someone that's reputable and does good work and hey if they're inexpensive that's a plus

This is the place we use for all the powder coating we do on the hot rods we build. High quality shop. I have used other shops but the results were less than acceptable.

http://www.lithiapowdercoating.com">http://www.lithiapowdercoating.com</a>

Bob

I build a lot of furniture, so I have a shop do all my polishing, plating, and powder coating. They are called Best Metal Polishing, and they do powder coating. They can powder coat race car chassis, so I'm sure they can fit your stand. They are in Lilburn.

Call 770-921-7445 and ask for Tal Garner, or his wife Kim.

In all honesty, a good enamel or even epoxy paint is 80% as good, for 10% of the cost. I do this sort of stuff all day, every day in the marine industry and we have tried it all.

Chris

Back