Planning a tank.. from.... to....

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
its in my blood now.

so I can't NOT have a tank long term, BUT I'm not planning on doing the sps thing.

thinking of doing a softy / lps tank

probably another 120, but rimless and glass this time.

I'm MONTHS out... maybe 6 or 8 even.

What do I need to know about softies lps that make them different than SPS

honestly, I never did lps much.. i just started with sps so .. its a backward journey in a lot of ways i THINK.

Help me out here...

also, I'm sure I'll be hitting some of you up for some softies / lps in the future!

B

They like the water a little dirtier and it never hurts to feed them. Might want to keep a few sticks with them to fill the tops of the tank. Hit me up when you're ready.

+1 they do like a little dirty water. I don't think they need high flow like sps but some Lps can be kind of picky about water flow and softies can spread like a forest fire sometime.

Get ready to not have to do as much maintenance as you have before. LPS like the water a bit more dirty, IME. Intervals between media changes are longer, filters sock rinse intervals are longer, water change intervals can be longer. You'll feel absolutely slothful doing maintenance on an LPS reef vs an SPS reef. I have both, and probably give 4x the time to my SPS tank vs my LPS tank.

Seth The Wine Guy;968929 wrote: I can't keep up with your in/out threads. Who are you, Elton John or Brett Favre?

well i'm out for now.

but mentally in

plotting

Back