Plate tree question?

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
So I had a plate coral die on me a few months back. And now it has about 20+ babies on it. I'm wanting to know how I can get them off to get rid of them?
Can any one help?

jtsreef;990844 wrote: So I had a plate coral die on me a few months back. And now it has about 20+ babies on it. I'm wanting to know how I can get them off to get rid of them?
Can any one help?
I will happily take em off your hands :D

jtsreef;990847 wrote: Lol I bet you would.. and I'll be glad to let you for a fee..

LOL, Id really be interested depending on color.

Ive read up on it, but never had the pleasure of having to figgure it out. From what Ive read once they grow out decently they will have a "stalk" that you can easily clip. I saw this in person when getting a plate from a guy with a tree, and it seemed like letting them grow for a while makes it a pretty simple process.

Still a really cool thing to have, I lost an orange and kept the skeleton in there hoping the same thing would happen, but no dice.

jtsreef;990854 wrote: How long have you had it in there? I'm going to say it took close to a year for me to see anything
in that case I might be in luck, its only been ~3 months, did you keep it in the main DT? I threw mine in the sump soon after

Very cool!!!

I've only known of only 1 other such tree.

I agree with the advice to let them grow and eventually they will pop-off and become their own individual coral.

Enjoy!

Melissa;1000821 wrote: How is my old plate tree doing? Does someone still have it?

Melissa!! Yes, I remember that plate coral- I had one of your plates- it got really big and I gave mine to Kayla.

Back