Please help me identify this coral?

sjf

Reaction score
Hello ARC members!
I’ve had a 55 gallon corner FOWLR tank for ~4 years running and looking at venturing into some easy/hardy corals to further my interest in this hobby. My local LFS suggested the attached (picture included) for beginners. Unfortunately, I cannot recollect the name of this coral! So, couple of questions:

1) is someone able to identify this so I can read & learn more about this coral and how to help it thrive?

2) any other coral recommendations that I can add (without breaking the bank)?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!
cc1bfa69118cef99643e732dc6e4889c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like green star polyps. Other beginner ones that people have suggested are zoas, pulsing xenia or any other type of softies like leathers or mushrooms.

Green Star Polyps IMO

Looks like a frag of GSP- grows like a weed, soft coral - people on this forum usually donate to new reefers. Probably you can get some at the meeting if you ask.

Thank you ALL so much for the prompt responses and suggestions. Much appreciated!

The other thing to be aware of with GSP is you should keep it isolated on one rock or in one area. As others have mentioned, it grows fast and you will at some point have to prune it.

The other thing to be aware of with GSP is you should keep it isolated on one rock or in one area. As others have mentioned, it grows fast and you will at some point have to prune it.

Thanks for the tip! Will do.

Back