Please help me with some things in my planning stage.

mapleredta

Market
Reaction score
Well I am going to eventually pick up Rostato's 90rr set-up. I am kind of torn right now on which direction I want to go with this one. On one side, I am going to eventually have the tank mainly SPS dominated. BUT, family members have been whispering in my ear that they would LOVE to see seahorses in the tank and even offered to fund them. I am unsure of seahorses because I never had any experiences with them. I am about to do some SERIOUS research on them. What all kind of tank mates can they have?

Basically the main problem with seahorses is that, unless they are in a species-only tank, they are so timid that they won't compete for food. I have heard of many people failing trying to keep them with other species, and none who succeeded. Not saying it hasn't been done, though.

cr500_af;363542 wrote: Basically the main problem with seahorses is that, unless they are in a species-only tank, they are so timid that they won't compete for food. I have heard of many people failing trying to keep them with other species, and none who succeeded. Not saying it hasn't been done, though.
That's what I was scared of. Looks like ill be doing a full reef then. Might set up a small nano for her.:doh:

ares;363557 wrote: yeah, they are cold water too for most of them I thought... so big ol lights for a reef ussually means a chiller to get the temps they like.

they dont handle flow real well either, so your limited on that front for corals too.
Well in two replys, yall decided my future tank. Thanks you two. :up:

Back