please?

crew

Market
Reaction score
ok so I keep reading about all these people that are giving away frags and such for new members and people that have joined in the last week

my tank wont be set up until like august so can I get IOU's??

They do come around alot. You can just be standing at the meeting and someone will walk up to you and ask you if you would like a frag. You get your chances... Trust me

whoooooooooa..............................stop! please do not worry about free frags already! Your tank needs to be stable for at least 6 months to a year (unless it's a "been that done that" kinda of tank) before you even think about some frags! Please have some patience!

Softies should be fine... I was going to sling him some gsp, prolly a nice big cabbage leather maybe some zoos

his tank isn't even set up yet? I agree, most softies after a few months is ok (if tank is in right diection) but again, its better to put one foot in front of the other approach, then just dive in.

dawgdude;186181 wrote: Haha alright Ralph, Ill disagree with you this time. I think it is just fine to put softies in a tank after a few months. They are just fine through small spikes and tend to like dirtier water.

Just a harmless question- where did it come into common knowledge that some softies "like" dirtier water? I hear this all the time, but have never read, nor seen any tangible backing for it. Just word of mouth heresay.

I'm in the process of setting up my 180 gal tank as well and I have tell you patience is key. I'm going on close to a year now with water running through the system. I added a cleanup crew about 3-4 months ago to deal with an algae bloom and when I notice not much die off from them I added 2 damels for a test cases. They are still living and I have just now added my first xenia and mushrooms to the tank last week and they appear to be doing really well....But I'm still taking it slow. This is my first reef and after hearing some of the nightmare crashes from members on this board it will make you stop and think about rushing anything.

Best of luck with your new tank.

Rhodan;186209 wrote: I'm in the process of setting up my 180 gal tank as well and I have tell you patience is key. I'm going on close to a year now with water running through the system. I added a cleanup crew about 3-4 months ago to deal with an algae bloom and when I notice not much die off from them I added 2 damels for a test cases. They are still living and I have just now added my first xenia and mushrooms to the tank last week and they appear to be doing really well....But I'm still taking it slow. This is my first reef and after hearing some of the nightmare crashes from members on this board it will make you stop and think about rushing anything.

Best of luck with your new tank.

awesome! great job!

haha no worries, I will definitely be taking my time, It will be a while before I have any serious lifestock going in my tank...

I was just curious :) this thread got a lot of response haha

I second that, you can have choice of any softies I have in my cube.

thanks blake.. and everyone else for all the support

Back