Plexiglass?

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Local glass company can cut plexiglass for my c2c. Is plexiglas ok to use?

Plexiglass as far as I know is just a brand name for acrylic.

I was thinking that.... But hey... Leave it to me to make an overflow out of some toxic material haha

SnowManSnow;792567 wrote: I was thinking that.... But hey... Leave it to me to make an overflow out of some toxic material haha

Yeah I'm always worried about that. I'd wait for a third person to confirm though.

You should be fine with what you have but I have always heard to use the following brands Polycast, Acrylite GP, and Plexi-Glas G/GM.

What I was told by my acrylic vendor I buy from that Plexiglas was the stronger of the 2 but not by much. It will crack and chip faster when cutting with a dull blade. It’s harder to scratch.

Now for Lexan it cuts easier does not gum up while cutting. More bendable and forgiving. It will scratch faster than Plexi

There was a guy in Atlanta selling 36 inch x 36 inch scraps of acrylic but I have been unable to find is number.

I have a piece but Im too far from you. 1-/2 hrs. Checkout a local sign store, they usually have a large left over piece real cheap, but make sure you get the correct brand, cant remember If you should get the Extruded or cast. I believe you need to get the cast as it will heat and bend without cracking/breaking . the piece I have is extruded.

SnowManSnow;792562 wrote: Local glass company can cut plexiglass for my c2c. Is plexiglas ok to use?

You can cut it yourself if you have a table saw or skill saw. Use the same blade you would for wood. The edge of the cut will be a tad bit rough but the weldon will still hold. For an overflow, if a bit of water leaks by the seam it is no big deal.

the weldon 16 will fill the gaps. if you were using 4 then you could melt some saw shaving in the liquid and thicken it up some. but ia fine tooth carbide blade is best. make sure you test some pcs first. so you will know what cutting speed you will need to push it at.

Back