Plumbing Experts. Please see PIC and.....

darren24

Market
Reaction score
Let me know if you see any flaws. My mentor "Mark" (Flyingarmy) is on vacation. The drain is 1.25 (that is what fit the bulkhead that came with the tank) and the return is 1 inch. There will be a loc line connector on the end of the return. On the drain I drilled a small hole in the cap and am also drilling a hole a little below the water line on the drain. Let me know if this looks / sounds correct as I am new to building these. Thanks.

DSC00788.jpg
alt="" />

Looks good... the only thing I am finding is the hard part is getting that hole in the top to let air in the correct size... Too small and it makes noise, too large and it makes noise... Grrrrrrr......

I think i lucked out with mine, I dont have a cap on the top and no noise. I think thats due to making the durso larger than the bulkhead then reducing it right before it goes into the bulkhead. Orrrr I just lucked out.

saltwater junky;100322 wrote: i used air venturies on mine so i could adjust it just right
+1
...or any other kind of adjustable valve.

Another thing you may want to do is cut out some larger holes in your strainer to allow better flow (maybe every third cross section?).
You will have to be sure to keep those cleaned on a regular basis... you'd be surprised how much buildup can accumulate there.

I second what Tony said- especially if any light reaches down into your overflow.

Thanks guys. After further review the strainer is off all together. The overflow compartment is so tight I would not be able to clean the strainer. Thanks.

Back