Plumbing Help Again

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
When setting up my 90 gallon tank you guys were great with advise, but I have run into a problem. The set up was using something like a pool hose that had 1 1/4 inch connections. Sadly it split and I worked like a mad man to work it out and finally wound up with a vinyl hose.

It is kinking badly and cutting off the water flow into the sump. I would love to find another pool hose somewhere but I have been unable to. Does anyone know of any good places online?

If they cannot find it based on description, you may want to ask them to show you their "sump pump flex drain hose" options . They keep it at a small location at the back of the plumbing section. I ran into the same situation a few months ago and got very nervous when none of the big box stores carried the size of "pool hose" I was looking for. Good luck.

The 1 1/4 inch spa hose at Lowes is measured to the outer and I need it measured to the inner. I was able to purchase a new connector at a pool shop to fix the old hose. I did not know that could be done a couple of months ago.

Now I have to figure out how to glue it, not sure about that one. Meanwhile, a bottle of Prime is holding up the hose from the tank to keep it from kinking, actually working.

Not sure if you solved your sizing issue but here is a picture of the hose I used for the 1 1/4 size.

6-ft Corrugated PVC Dishwasher Drain Hose

098268577341lg.jpg
>http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/098268/098268577341lg.jpg</a>

Thanks for the input guys. I am scared to go to hard plumbing at this point because of the dry time involved, not to mention my skill level.

I was mistaken all along. The original hose was spa hose with 1 1/4 inch cuffs on the end. I was able to pick up more cuffs so I purchased more spa hose to recreate the original.

They also sell a sturdier spa hose but it is slightly too large because it is 1 1/4 inner and my fittings are 1 1/4 outer.

Anyway the new hose has been curing for about 18 hours so I am going to give it a go this afternoon.

I hope to upgrade sumps eventually and I will most likely hard plumb everything then.

Back