Plumbing Parts help?

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
So I ordered my plumbing today but then I realized i may have done it wrong so I canceled the order. As some of you know, I am using the BeanAnimal style overflow pictured here:

BeanAnimal_sBarandGrill-SilentandFa.jpg
alt="" />

Basically, I am making three of these things and my bulkheads are all 1.5" slip bulkheads.

My question is that since I have 1.5" bulkheads and not 1" bulkheads as shown in the illustration, I have to up the size of all the pipe listed right? So the 1" pipe goes to 1.5" and the 1.5" pipe goes to 2"???

The other question is that as you can tell from the illustration, that design is to be mounted in a hole that is drilled on the back glass. All my holes are drilled on the bottom of my ext. overflow. so how does this change the arrangement of the parts???

I guess I run the 1.5" pipe through the bulkhead then I use an adapter to attach a 2" Sanitary tee to the 1.5" pipe? Then I just use 2in" pipe for the rest of the overflow.

Am I making any sense???

Also, do I need to make the ball valves 2" as well? And do I need true union ball valves? why not just use two unions and 1 regular ball valve?

His design won't work for a bottom drilled tank. It relies heavily on being at the surface of the water.

you can do away with everything from the 1.5 sanitary t to the left and add a slip street el
then put the ball valve on the dry side of the bulkhead works fine . Really the only difference between his design ad you scenario is where the bulkhead is . yours is on top of the bulkhead. It is exactly as I have mine. It is as durso design with a valve placed in the line to throttle back and quieten the flow.Be aware that a emergency overflow is incorporated into this design for obvious reasons.

Jonathan;413094 wrote: His design won't work for a bottom drilled tank. It relies heavily on being at the surface of the water.

Sorry...should have been more clear.

I have an external overflow at the top of the tank but the overflow itself is drilled at the bottom.

IMG_0459.jpg
alt="" />

grouper therapy;413126 wrote: you can do away with everything from the 1.5 sanitary t to the left and add a slip street el
then put the ball valve on the dry side of the bulkhead works fine . Really the only difference between his design ad you scenario is where the bulkhead is . yours is on top of the bulkhead. It is exactly as I have mine. It is as durso design with a valve placed in the line to throttle back and quieten the flow.Be aware that a emergency overflow is incorporated into this design for obvious reasons.

ok got it.....but do I go up in size on the pipes. So am I using a 2" T instead of 1.5"??

You really don't need to since you are putting a valve in to throttle back anyway. You can just use a 1.5 to 2 slip to slip bushing on the wet side and go with 2 " inch on the dry side.
If you have room in the overflow to go with 2" then it will work but not necessary.

I measured and I may stick with using 1.5" pipe all the way through. Simplifies life a little. thanks for the help guys.

Back