Plumbing question

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
OK so I know this is kinda odd for someone with the screen name I have to ask. But I need some advice pic A. Is my current plumbing configuration. I'm wanting to go to pic B. With a gate valve in both sides. So I can feed a fuge.and not skim most of the water. Is there a easier way to do this or am I just over thinking it?

A.
20220926_190153.jpg

B.
Screenshot_20220926_191356.jpg

Doesn't seem worthwhile to me to bypass the skimmer chamber to feed a fuge, but you could easily put a tee just above the union ball valve. I would recommend gate valves though for much better control with or without a tee.

Doesn't seem worthwhile to me to bypass the skimmer chamber to feed a fuge, but you could easily put a tee just above the union ball valve. I would recommend gate valves though for much better control with or without a tee.
Yes that's the plan to replace this with a gate. While I had it down I was going to redo the plumbing.

There doesn't seem to be much space to cut and attach a Y valve. You could cut between the 45 elbow and ball valve, add another 45 elbow to make it straight down and then the Y valve directly off that elbow. I don't personally like T valve because I'm afraid of possible splash noise. Are both PVC pipes water coming from the tank? If so, why not just have the pipe on the right go straight down into fuge?

There doesn't seem to be much space to cut and attach a Y valve. You could cut between the 45 elbow and ball valve, add another 45 elbow to make it straight down and then the Y valve directly off that elbow. I don't personally like T valve because I'm afraid of possible splash noise. Are both PVC pipes water coming from the tank? If so, why not just have the pipe on the right go straight down into fuge?
That's an emergency overflow. I hope no water ever has to go though that pipe lol

When I do anything I'll be redoing the entire dain plumbing

the main inlet after ball valve add a t and move it to the refugium or just add a t with a 1/2 3/4 adapter with a rubber hose tube. I like water to go through refugim chaeto and skimmer

Back