Plumbing Question

legalreefer

Market
Reaction score
I am about to start a build and I'm going to put the sump/filtration system in the basement. Problem is the septic tank is above the basement and there is no other drains. I don't want to run an evacuation pump. Is there a safe way to plumb a drain line from the sump directly into the main drain to the septic? This way I can do quick easy water changes.

I wouldn't because I think you would get septic gases inside your basement unless you want to run some sort of P trap to prevent the odor from escaping... I may be way off base but that's my line if thought.

Why not t off or add a pump inline with a t to pump water from your tank drain to where you want it to enter your septic?/drain

HiImSean;977309 wrote: Why not t off or add a pump inline with a t to pump water from your tank drain to where you want it to enter your septic?/drain

This is essentially what I want to do, but is it dangerous? I would def out a trap and check valve but I'm not sure if it's still safe. There is minimal space bw the main drain and ceiling for a trap assuming it has to be above the drain to work properly. Or if there is a fitting that connects reg PVC to the drain

Not sure if the same thing but I have my mixing station waste draining into a pump that pumps up to my main sewage line under my first floor (water mixing in basement).

Just make sure you aren't making water while the electrician is working and has the breaker to the pump turned off. Bad things happen then! Lol

Back