Plumbing

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
We are thinking of moving our water station from the porch to the basement. Our daughter and grandchildren moved out making more space available. We have our 125 DT and are about to start setting up a 65g FOWLR. There is existing hot and cold water available where we are moving it but I’m wondering about plumbing and pumps getting water from lower level to mid level (one floor). I guess we need design help. Plumbing the water supply to the RODI unit and the RODI to salt transfer but the logistics of getting the water up to this floor are losing me.

I would start looking for a pump with at least 20ft head pressure do when you do plumb it it can handle the height of where your pumping it to, giving that your not going to carry buckets up steps. There's a guy I was speaking to in Facebook about a Reeflo dart. If I can find the info it would probably work for what your trying to do.

Plumbing shouldn't be that big of an issue. A plumber once told me there's only 4 things to know about plumbing.

1- Hots on the left
2- Cold on the right
3- Shit runs downhill
4- Payday is Friday

Plumbing shouldn't be that big of an issue. A plumber once told me there's only 4 things to know about plumbing.

1- Hots on the left
2- Cold on the right
3- Shit runs downhill
4- Payday is Friday
But we are plumbing for things to go uphill lol

Ok I should have been much more clear with my question. I’m not a plumber and I know there are some things with plumbing like expansion. I don’t even know the terminology but anyway I would like to hard plumb with PVC through the floor or between the walls but I’m wondering if it is as straightforward as putting together some pipes and adding pumps or are there considerations I’m too ignorant to know about.

Ok I should have been much more clear with my question. I’m not a plumber and I know there are some things with plumbing like expansion. I don’t even know the terminology but anyway I would like to hard plumb with PVC through the floor or between the walls but I’m wondering if it is as straightforward as putting together some pipes and adding pumps or are there considerations I’m too ignorant to know about.
It can be that easy. Few elbows, some glue and pipe. BANG done..

But, you have to prepare for that. If something fails inside a wall, that's a diaster. Running straight up through the floor is the way I would go.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

It can be that easy. Few elbows, some glue and pipe. BANG done..

But, you have to prepare for that. If something fails inside a wall, that's a diaster. Running straight up through the floor is the way I would go.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I agree, it will be way too hard to get pipes between the walls. We just need to be very careful. Don’t want to cut a hole in the hardwood floor then have it in the wrong spot!

I agree, it will be way too hard to get pipes between the walls. We just need to be very careful. Don’t want to cut a hole in the hardwood floor then have it in the wrong spot!
The first thing you need to do is see if what you want to do is even workable. By the display and ATO container, pick the spot on the floor where you want the pipes to come through the floor. Now measure to those points from the nearest two exterior walls, Front or back and one side wall. Then go in the basement and measure off to those same points. If there are obstructions or bad angles think real hard if you absolutely need to do this. If your good to go, measure off again to be sure your spot doesn't land right in a trusses or any existing HVAC, electrical and plumbing runs. Then start drilling pilot holes from the up above so they are right where you want them. Then do a final check for clearance issues be for proceeding.

The first thing you need to do is see if what you want to do is even workable. By the display and ATO container, pick the spot on the floor where you want the pipes to come through the floor. Now measure to those points from the nearest two exterior walls, Front or back and one side wall. Then go in the basement and measure off to those same points. If there are obstructions or bad angles think real hard if you absolutely need to do this. If your good to go, measure off again to be sure your spot doesn't land right in a trusses or any existing HVAC, electrical and plumbing runs. Then start drilling pilot holes from the up above so they are right where you want them. Then do a final check for clearance issues be for proceeding.
Thank you Adam!

Back