Plumbing.....

dylan ringwood

Market
Reaction score
Ok I seems to have a hard time doing this.. it is my first time plumbing it's a 90g tank with a 30 g sump. And it's all hooked up and good to go.. but wait... my return bulk head leaks not alot just dribbles, my guess is I didn't glue it enough? What are my options at this point. Besides letting my frustration getting the best of me and throwing this thing out and just sticking to my 40 thanks in advanced

Bulkheads don't need to be glued. If everything is clean and it's not overtightened it won't leak.

freezerrat;1033998 wrote: Bulkheads don't need to be glued. If everything is clean and it's not overtightened it won't leak.
5ce30fddddfb00b296d6791938e06a33.jpg
alt="" /> hope this helps just above my fingertip

Oh, I see. You may have to start over with a new bulkhead. Or if all your piping is over the sump you could just let it drip and let it be an annoyance to you.

I don't know of a solution that I would trust to be reliable. If it was the drain MAYBE it could be smothered with silicone. But the return is under pressure and water will eventually get through I would say. It shouldn't be hard to replace it. The overflow chamber should be watertight so you just have to drain that.

Silicone around it and let it dry if the drip isn't super fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright guys update.. pump has been running for 5 minutes and no dribble!!! Couple coats of the glue cement and a coat of silicone worked so I appreciate the help and advice !!

WeIsBatman;1034443 wrote: Glad you got it worked out leaks are a freaking pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No kidding.. the plan is to keep an eye on it and turn the pump up a notch a day for a little to make sure it can withstand the pressure.

Back