Pods

sagent3000

Market
Reaction score
i have a refuge on my tank and have some nice size cheato i read somewhere that adding phytoplankton to the fudge helps the pods multiply and the cheato grow is that true? if not whats the best way to get those things to happen

I haven't heard of that. To my knowledge, pods reproduce like bunnies. As long as there is a safe place for them w/o any predators, they will multiply pretty quick. I'd image tho adding any little food for them is good, but I'm sure they get enough with what ever is fed to the disp.

i added phyto to my fuge every once in a while just for fun and I had tons of pods and good growth in my cheato. I dont think it would have been any slower though had I not added phyto but who knows. It definitely cant hurt but like Lee said, they should be getting enough to eat just with whats already in there.

Just put a reverse light cycle on the refugium and cheato will grow like crazy and pods will explode. Light cycle will also help ph. No need to add anything.

Joe

when my daylights go off in my fixture then my fuge lights come on and an hour later the actinics go off. then when the actinics go off i start dripping kalk

Copepods eat phytoplankton. It's not absolutely necessary to feed the tank or the refugium to get them to reproduce, but then it's not necessary to feed most corals either, but they grow more with some help.

If you want to cultivate copepods or rotifers in a dedicated manner, you will have to feed them phytoplankton.

The cheato won't be affected by the phytoplankton.

sagent3000;175040 wrote: where can i get a check valve?

Marine fish sells them but WHY would you want them... The things are a pretty big "no-no" for SW tanks!

Back