Polyp Bail Out Galaxea...

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
So I have a sonic the hedgehog galaxea. It's gotten around the size of a softball but recently I noticed that two of its 100+ heads had bailed... there were just two empty spots and you could see the skeleton where they had been. That was a lil puzzling as the rest of the coral looked great... I chalked it up to perhaps it getting stung by something. Anyways, this story has a happy ending... fast forward a few weeks... and I have now found those two bailed out polyps. They have each taken residence on the side of frag plug... At first I thought they were majano and I was about to kill them with FIRE. But under closer examination they had skeletons... which majano never has... So weird... I'll post a pic up shortly of the single head of galaxea... :)

Wow! Never heard of Galaxia bailing out.

and honestly, as beautiful as they are, I don’t like the idea of them spreading. Those guys have a strong sting. Long term, It could be a disaster for other corals.

You can have one. I'm keeping the other to see how fast it grows from a single head.

Note: As long as you keep them in fairly high flow they don't send sweepers out.

Back