Polyps, ?? Whats going on ??

steve358

Reaction score
I believe these are a form of polyp. Picture attached, my question is when I first introduced they seemed uniform in size with an orange center and rather small. Since that time the uniform orange on a number of them has disappeared and they have become quite large in size and extended outwards in the pic you can see the orange uniform size, then a few of the same species that are very much larger extended out with a different color. Any thoughts thanks very much.

Steve
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
37942=2302-Polyp.jpg
>
37942=2302-Polyp.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Polyp.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Yes exactly in the background... Ok I was a little concerned when they extended so largely and the color seemed to change as a result of them becoming so much larger.

Thank You all for the responses

they also morph to some pretty crappy colors too. i dont think its anywhere near being an art just yet though. give it a few years though and well be able to manipulate whatever colour we wish

Also, IME, the slower the water flow, the larger they become over time. Quicker water flow keeps them small and tight to the rock.

Ive had that same color variety before. They didnt change color on me but got a little smaller and spread out a good bit. The lighting has a lot to do with it. With my new lights up all od my zoas look awesome....before most were pretty good but now all look great.

Back