pom pom crab

stickx911

Market
Reaction score
I wanted to get a couple/few of these guys. Anyone have any experience with them?

My LFS recommended more than one in case one looses their pompom they frag from another's and "share" but other than that and them being reef safe I did not get much else in terms of info from them.

thanks

I have one in my Son's nano tank. Pretty cool,does not seem to bother anything. Just sits around waving it's arms around. Cool addition to any tank.

We have one in our 55gal. He is by far my fave invert. The relationship he has with his nems is awesome. My only thing is you never really see him. I have figured out where he is living so every once in a while you will see him poke out. Other than that we have not had any problems.

He really is the cutest thing...

I had two a while back, each one only had one pom pom.

Few days later one had both and every so often I would see them fighting over them, so that bit about the fragging the anemones is BS.

They are pretty cool though, but I saw mine a grand total of 5 times in the 2 years I had them.

EnderG60;201166 wrote: I had two a while back, each one only had one pom pom.

Few days later one had both and every so often I would see them fighting over them, so that bit about the fragging the anemones is BS.

They are pretty cool though, but I saw mine a grand total of 5 times in the 2 years I had them.

the subject came up because one had a green mushroom as a pom pom, and another had a small frog spawn...kinda cool. So are they nocturnal, or just hiders?

We got two from Blue Planet almost a year ago (August 07) and they stayed in the 55g for awhile. Since I never saw them much, I moved them into the 12g nano where we see them much more often.

They love mysis shrimp and table shrimp best and I add a bit of Zooplex to the tank from time to time (Tiffany recommended this) to enhance their colors.

Both had two 'nems when we first got them. After a bit, one of the crabs only had one anemone. Now it has two again, so I do think they frag them as the other crab never gave up either of his.

I see them at various times of the day and night, so I don't think they're nocturnal ... they're just shy. And they show up pretty consistently when I feed the sun coral.

Very cool critters.

Back