Pom pom xenia question

floridaboy704

Market
Reaction score
My xenia that is closest to the glass on the right hand side of my AP seems to be growing excessively tall. The stalk on it is now about 3 inches tall. Seems to be healthy just looks a little funny. I was thinking of rearranging some of my LR tomorrow anyway to accomodate for things im getting at the meeting anyway, so does this mean it wants to be closer to the light?? I can move it tomorrow if you guys think I should to get it to shrink back down.

Also I have seen buds pop up on the stalks of both, but then they go away. The colony in the middle of the tank had buds and is splitting down the middle and now it just seemed to slow down the splitting and the buds have disappeared.... any suggestions??

Oh yeah, all params are perfect, just tested yesterday and verified by my LFS.

they are growing toward the light. the buds you are seeing may be a feeler, trying to find something else to grab and move over. they will more than likley find your glass and attach to it. then they will multiply all the way to the top of your tank... there is no need to move them unless you want to.

Jason

mine took months to finally look good and actually start growing... They will also move on their own... altough this results in more xenia!

Back