Pond experts out there!

jcampbell

Market
Reaction score
I was starting my pond up on Thursday; plugged the pump in and it worked for about 20 minutes then I went out there and the waterfall was not running! The impeller still spins just not as fast. Is there anything I can do before I have to go spend $300 on a new pump?

Have you checked the impeller to make sure it is good and free from debris? Does it have grease fittings?

itsamyheff;749931 wrote: Have you checked the impeller to make sure it is good and free from debris? Does it have grease fittings?

There is no visible debris in the impeller. Should I take it apart?

JCampbell;750009 wrote: There is no visible debris in the impeller. Should I take it apart?

I would. Could be something simple. Worst that can happen is you have to replace the pump which you would have to do anyway.

rdnelson99;750080 wrote: I would. Could be something simple. Worst that can happen is you have to replace the pump which you would have to do anyway.

I will try tonight, I went out there earlier and turned it on and I can stop the impeller with my finger. My dad just thinks the motor is bad.

JCampbell;750082 wrote: I will try tonight, I went out there earlier and turned it on and I can stop the impeller with my finger. My dad just thinks the motor is bad.

If it turns at all the motor is not bad. It either runs or it doesn't. Where you located? If you are not to far and can pull it out bring it by and I would be happy to take a look at it. You can check out my ponds while you are here. :). I will be gone a good part of the day tomorrow but other than that I am around most of the time

rdnelson99;750087 wrote: If it turns at all the motor is not bad. It either runs or it doesn't. Where you located? If you are not to far and can pull it out bring it by and I would be happy to take a look at it. You can check out my ponds while you are here. :). I will be gone a good part of the day tomorrow but other than that I am around most of the time

I'm in Ball Ground. I'm going to take it apart and look at it tonight.

JCampbell;750091 wrote: I'm in Ball Ground. I'm going to take it apart and look at it tonight.

I am just north of Old Federal HWY off of 369. 15 minute drive from you.

Check for debris and pull the impeller to see if it is swollen. That would cause it to drag and not pump like normal. I had just a piece of a leaf that stopped mine from pumping.

itsamyheff;750137 wrote: Check for debris and pull the impeller to see if it is swollen. That would cause it to drag and not pump like normal. I had just a piece of a leaf that stopped mine from pumping.

I actually cant figure out how to pull the impeller out! lol

Back