Pond liner for your cabinet

tony_caliente

Market
Reaction score
I would think it would provide a nice little safety net from sump and other types of accidental overflows.

It would indeed!!!
I set my two 70 gallon rubbermaid stock tanks in the closet behind my tank. I considered a pond liner...but for what ever reason decided not to.
I wish I had. I have had a couple of little problems along the way and this would have been a great help.

Do it!

I am going to check out the prices at home depot etc. I will let you know. I also just bought 3 water alarms.

I have enough safegaurds to prevent major mishaps, this is just in case one or more of them fails.

Slayer on here used pond liner in the bottom of his cabinet. Great idea :thumbs:

Tony, I had Line-X in one of my custom made stands once. It was fantastic and looked good as well.

Thanks,

Schwimm

It works great!!!.....I used it when I started my set up......easy to put it in....just used silicon to seal it around the edges

At HD.....not sure of the brand.....it's about 2mm thick....for my 36x22 stand with some left over it was about 35$....cheap if you consider what it can save you later

I used shower pan liner from HD. It cost me about $11.

I hope I never have to test it!

I have a 2" tall acrylic liner in the bottom of my current stand that has saved me more than once, but I used a shower curtain to line the bottom of my old 90G and it worked like a charm. Same concept, but even cheaper than pond liner if your stand is not too large.
Keep in mind that many shower curtains do have anti-microbial treatments, so don't go trying to use any of the water that may have come in contact.

Here you go.... provided an excellent barrier for spills. It saved me twice...

showthread.php

I caulked to seal the inside of my cabinet...

but

all the spills I've had, were outside the cabinet anyway..

I have a liner in mine that is about 5 inches high all around. It saved my hard woods twice. And my pumps did not fail even though they were sitting in water for awhile. Just make sure there are not electrical connections along the bottom.

Back