poop

glxtrix

Market
Reaction score
sooo looks like my naso is on his way out :( Was looking at the tank tonight and noticed how skinny he was and he was swimming all weird. He's in the sump now and I doubt he'll make it to the morning. I've had the fish for over a month now. He started off eating...was picking all all the algae in the tank.... This is hard, this is my favorite fish and seeing him die is breaking my heart. Crap!

crap...sorry lee...i know how much you love that fish....its one of my favorites as well.....hopefully he pulls through.

man that guy is kickin! He's the fattest lil guy I've seen. He'll eat anything. Just wish my naso had the same disposition. Sigh.......

yeah I dont think he will, fool is all kinds of layin on his side. Every now and then he swims around, but I dont think he'll make it.

Lee sorry to hear that man. When my six line jumped I was bummed for a few days. Keep your head up.

yeah I guess he stopped eating. Well lastnight I figured I'd do a drastic measure to try and save him. I thawed some brine, mysis and some algea threw it together and sucked it up into a syringe; then injected it into his mouth. dont know if it did more harm than good. I figure any lil bit that actually got to his stomach would help a lil bit. I was careful to try and get as many air bubbles out as I could....def dont want those getting into his belly. Woke up this morning and hes still alive. Not laying on his side either. He's just kinda layin low at the bottom of the sump. I'll try feeding tonight and if he doestn eat, I'll do another round of injection feeding along with some garlic chopped in. I'm not giving up on this guy that easy!

Dang Lee...good luck. I lost my puffer over the holidays, not an easy thing losing your favorite fish!

glxtrix;121753 wrote: yeah I guess he stopped eating. Well lastnight I figured I'd do a drastic measure to try and save him. I thawed some brine, mysis and some algea threw it together and sucked it up into a syringe; then injected it into his mouth. dont know if it did more harm than good. I figure any lil bit that actually got to his stomach would help a lil bit. I was careful to try and get as many air bubbles out as I could....def dont want those getting into his belly. Woke up this morning and hes still alive. Not laying on his side either. He's just kinda layin low at the bottom of the sump. I'll try feeding tonight and if he doestn eat, I'll do another round of injection feeding along with some garlic chopped in. I'm not giving up on this guy that easy!

Wow... hope this works!!!

Pullin' for ya... c'mon, Little Naso... hang in there!!!

flyingarmy;121756 wrote: Dang Lee...good luck. I lost my puffer over the holidays, not an easy thing losing your favorite fish!

noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I met that guy.... <u>great</u> fish.

:'(

You could try Seachem Entice, but I don't think it will work. He may have some kind of internal infection and to my knowledge there isn't anything you can do about that.

or the cyanide from being wild caught is catching up to him, lol. Hopefully he'll pull thu...I mean he looks 60% better than he did yesterday. Dang Mark, what happened? Sorry to hear that :(

glxtrix;121777 wrote: or the cyanide from being wild caught is catching up to him, lol. Hopefully he'll pull thu...I mean he looks 60% better than he did yesterday. Dang Mark, what happened? Sorry to hear that :(

I learned a great lesson at a big cost. I fed puffy freeze dried krill as a treat. After a while that's all he would eat. Puffers need a varied diet to keep from getting lockjaw. What was strange is that he was eating just as always right up till the day he died. Sucks, wife was more upset than I. Good luck!

Have you tried putting in some nori, That is all my naso will eat, and I have had him going on a month now. Just swims by everything else I feed.

yeah I feed every day. On one day i feed a mix of brine, mysis and cyclopeeze. On the next a mix of purple and green algae. The next day back to the mysis mixture and so on. It was weird, I noticed a lil odd behavior in him over the past week tho, he'd never really go up to the clips to eat the algae....maybe one and a while, but he'd always wait for it to fall or flake off before he went to get it. And when he'd go for some flakes, if another fish was around, he'd abort mission. Odd. Perhaps the algae I have for him isnt sufficient? I get the ones at pets mart in the silver resealable bag. I think its made by Julian Sprungs. All my other fish go crazy over it...ever the clowns (with the purple one)

oh Mark, I'm sorry man...I know your wife loved that fish...wish I could do something to help you out. You think you going to replace him or no?

Thanks Lee....considering it. But with Puffers its hit or miss if they are reef safe. I'd hate to have one rampage through my zoas/palys!

glxtrix;121794 wrote: oh Mark, I'm sorry man...I know your wife loved that fish...wish I could do something to help you out. You think you going to replace him or no?

glxtrix;121753 wrote: yeah I guess he stopped eating. Well lastnight I figured I'd do a drastic measure to try and save him. I thawed some brine, mysis and some algea threw it together and sucked it up into a syringe; then injected it into his mouth. dont know if it did more harm than good. I figure any lil bit that actually got to his stomach would help a lil bit. I was careful to try and get as many air bubbles out as I could....def dont want those getting into his belly. Woke up this morning and hes still alive. Not laying on his side either. He's just kinda layin low at the bottom of the sump. I'll try feeding tonight and if he doestn eat, I'll do another round of injection feeding along with some garlic chopped in. I'm not giving up on this guy that easy!

Wow that's dedication for you. I'm impressed. Truly.

If my naso starts having trouble I'll be sure to bring him to the Smyrna Naso Tang Emergency Treatment Center.

Best of luck bro.

Back