Porcupine puffers

thearnoldocean

Market
Reaction score
i got a puffer yesterday and all he is doing is sitting in this one corner is that how they usally act

usually swimming around everywhere; how did you acclimate him? Have you tested your water? What else do you have in tank that could possibly be bulling him?

the yellow tang shouldn't be that harsh on him-although I've heard of really aggressive ones; my guess is-if your water is in check, and you acclimated him right, he is just getting used to his new home; keep the lights off for more times in the next week and watch him-he should come out if he was healthy and all

oh, the trigger may be bullying him-watch them and see how they act; my guess is he is just getting acclimated to his new home-keep lights out more for next few days

what i usually do when I see one is acting shy, I'll turn it on for a couple hours a day for a week-basically long enough to eat and get some light--is he eating fine? I'm gonna assume no nicks or spots or anything that would indicate bites or anything like that? Watch that yellow tang-he may be toast in the coming months--

I have a ton of live rock in my tanks and he stays behind there the whole time. I just cant get food to him

My opinion is nobody in that tank is going to bully the puffer.

Let him chill for a few days see if he eats.

I got a jewel puffer Saturday...he's in with 3 mean little damsels, a niger trigger and a tang. He goes where he wants and the others steer clear.

Puffers are mellow little guys just watch him. I bet in a while he's all over the place.

Good luck.

I've frequently had puffers who have sulked in the corner for the first few days. As long as he's not having any swimming problems just give him a little time to figure out his surroundings and he should be fine.

Back