Portable RODI setup?

wannabeeareefkeeper

Market
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a portable RODI setup? My current weekly average of gallons of water needed is 20 gallons. I was thinking about setting up a RODI system. With my low volume of water needed weekly, I was wondering how I could setup a unit that would allow me to turn off or disconnect the RODI setup when I wasn't needed it. I've read that its best to keep water running through the filters and DI resin to prevent the filters or DI resin from expiring too soon. I'm also read where you don't want stagnant water sitting anywhere in the system.

Please help me get out of this dilemma on setting up a RODI system?

Wannabee

P.S. I was thinking about setting one of in the laundry room where I could connect and then disconnect when I'm not using it.

Yes go to
a>. Cheap and easy to move around but not many bells and whistles. Used one for over a year but sold it when I graduated to the real world. :-)

Put it on a timer that flushes the system once a day or every other day. What do you mean by portable?

If by portable you mean small and light weight then there are plenty out there, but they are also low production ratings as well. I've had the smaller 50 GPD units before and can carry them around, connect and disconnect with ease. That gets old after awhile though. I know have my RO/DI set up and just turn it on for a few minutes everyday to flush. I wouldn't even think about moving mines around every time I needed to use it. The thing has to be at least 50 pounds with the DI canisters and booster pump. Then again, it's a beast that puts out nearly 800 GPD.

Tbub1221;1002741 wrote: Wow , that is a beast .

:yes: It filled my 90 display + 40 sump + 40 external fuge in just over 6 hours. I hate moving the thing, and that's the reason why I don't move it.

Hnguyen;1002729 wrote: If by portable you mean small and light weight then there are plenty out there, but they are also low production ratings as well. I've had the smaller 50 GPD units before and can carry them around, connect and disconnect with ease. That gets old after awhile though. I know have my RO/DI set up and just turn it on for a few minutes everyday to flush. I wouldn't even think about moving mines around every time I needed to use it. The thing has to be at least 50 pounds with the DI canisters and booster pump. Then again, it's a beast that puts out nearly 800 GPD.

The water service in my area stinks. It seems that they are replacing water lines in our subdivision quite often and the houses are 10 years old. When they dig up a yard or driveway and repair the leaking water line; it seems that another person in our subdivision water supply line breaks. This is an ongoing problem. Georgia clay is found in the faucets and shower heads it seems a couple times a year in this area. I was told that the city got a great deal on water supply lines so they purchased a 50 year supply of the "cheap" water lines.

That's what I mean by portable. Hook up the RODI when I need water, and then disconnect it when I've obtained my 50 gallons. I guess I could put a ball valve between the house supply and the RODI and only open it up when I need it. I would also have some clear tubing prior to the RODI to make sure the house supply water is clean with no Georgia clay.

I like the reply to place a timer on the RODI and have it turn on momentarily each day or every other day just to flush the lines. Of course, I couldn't use the timer if I go with the ball valve idea above. Then I have to be concerned with stagnant water setting in the filter and resin area of the RODI.

Decisions! Decisions! Decisions!

Wannabee

I use an Air, Water & Ice Typhoon 3 unit that I hook up to my kitchen sink weekly. It is a hassle but I have no other option. I keep it in a tote bin in a spare room, hook it up on the weekend and run it long enough to get my 20 or so gallons for the week. The weight is not really a factor and I use the quick flush for a couple of minutes when I am done and flush for one minute per day of storage before collecting new water per the instructions of customer service.

I have mines T'ed off of my cold water line on my fishroom sink. So I just turn on the valve and booster pump whenever I need to make water. The waste line is hooked up to the pvc pipe seen in the picture and goes into the sink.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1002855=58212-uploadfromtaptalk1418782233382.jpg
>
1002855=58212-uploadfromtaptalk1418782233382.jpg
class="gc-images" title="uploadfromtaptalk1418782233382.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1002855=58213-uploadfromtaptalk1418782302186.jpg
>
1002855=58213-uploadfromtaptalk1418782302186.jpg
class="gc-images" title="uploadfromtaptalk1418782302186.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

The water here at my place is pretty clean. My tds coming in is less then 40 and zero after it my DI resins.
No problems with the pipes in the neighborhood yet since it's only 3 years old. Can't say much about the pipes feeding the neighborhood though.

Back