Positioning of powerheads in a nano...

todd03blown

Market
Reaction score
folks - I have the Elos mini currently with 2 tunze 6025 nano PH's plus the ehiem stock pump turned up to 100%. Right now I have one tunze in the back left corner pointing towards the right front corner and the other tunze on the right side glass (center) pointing directly to the left side glass (center). the stock return pump outlet is pointing to the left front corner.

I am trying to figure out the best way to get the correct flow in my tank. Right now its SPS heavy with a couple LPS like a torch coral and candy canes.

I want to point them more towards the surface but if I do I get a sand storm stirred up and make a huge mess.

My goal of course is to have even flow for all my SPS and I want to make sure I have it setup the best way for this.

each 6025 is 660GPH plus the eheim compact 1002 is 265GPH. So total I have 1585GPH for my 20G setup which is about 80 times for turnover.

thanks as always!!

Colin - they sure are nice, quiet and have a very nice flow pattern. built nice and are easy to setup and the magnets are super strong! I know cause I got my finger smashed in them when I though I had them far enough apart...but NO they were able to pull together and my finger was in the middle of their impromptu meeting....:(

Todd, I have my powerhead in the back right corner pointing toward the front left corner. On the red sea there are two small powerheads in the back left corner, I have one pointed toward the surface center and the other pointed to the right front corner.

I hope this is the right way, I know that I talked to someone about it yesterday and that was what they suggested. Hopefully that will help prevent anymore cyano problems in the future, along with a 24 hour lights out.

I am not familiar with tunzes at all besides being a great product from all the reviews . Are this controllable if so you might turn them down and then point where the most good is done. Was just thinking properly placed flow might be better than a lot of misplaced flow. I know that was the case on my closed loop.

Back