Possibility of success? Added dussumieri to existing powder blue + more tangs...

davidinga

Market
Reaction score
Here's what I have:

210gal dt (standard 6 footer)

Current relative fish (have more but they are non-aggressive wrasses/clowns/pygmy angels/rabbits/etc):

4.5" powder blue
4.5" blonde naso
4" clown tang
3.5" Desjardini
3" hippo
2.5" kole
2.5" yellows (three of them)

New

4" Dussumieri
Just added last night

So thats now 10 tangs in my 210gal (yes I know that's way too many and yes I plan to move them on when they become too large/aggressive).

The duss has been in the tank for a little less than 24 hours total and has been in the tank for only 2 hours with the lights on (just lit the tank up tonight).

I have two mirrors in place, one on each end of the tank. The powder blue, Desjardini, and clown tangs all went psycho on the dussumieri when he was first introduced last night (this was w/o mirrors and only moonlights illuminating the tank). Now, with mirrors in place the duss is pretty much being completely ignored as the primary aggressor (powder blue) is busy trying to kill his reflection.

What is everyone's opinions on the possibility of success here (preferably without the mirrors at some point lol)? My hope here is that after "hell" week most of these guys will simmer down a bit and it might work. Plan B is that I expect the duss to outgrow his aggressors (eventually) and that might change things for the better...thoughts?

After sitting here watching for 20min or so I finally saw the duss return some aggression on the Desjardini after it gave a brief chase. Once the Desjardini stopped, the duss darted back at the Desjardini and nipped him a few times 😉

You have already answered your own question. Your tank is too small for that many tangs. It is a matter of time before they start killing each other.

BrandonMason;997168 wrote: I'm more curious about the skimmer in use with this bioload
Meh it's just a sro3000int skimmer.

I'm also keeping chaeto, and running an algae turf scrubber, plua I'm also dosing vodka.

No water changes in 6+ months now. Zero NO3 and PO4 sits around 0.04

They will get adjusted to each other. I had 10 also but in a 300. Make sure there id plenty of hiding space. Each one will want their own.

Miami Dolfan;997222 wrote: They will get adjusted to each other. I had 10 also but in a 300. Make sure there id plenty of hiding space. Each one will want their own.
Yeah I'm feeling more optimistic now as things have died down a lot.

So.... After about 4 months of quiet tang community living I'm considering adding another tang :)

Might do a white cheek or Achilles now...thoughts? Lol

Back