Post BTA split

tyleratl

Market
Reaction score
My Rose BTA split into two daughters on Friday night. Since then, one has been under some rocks and not fully inflated. The other is somewhat out in the open, but is deflated much of the time. I'm pretty sure that they both are alive, but is this behavior normal post-split?

Mine split maybe 3 weeks ago and is still doing the same thing. Both look really healthy when they come out at times, but usually retreat back to the deflated hideouts periodically. Probably will take some time before everything is back to normal. I dont know if you can expect the same experience, but mine also have been moving a lot since the split. I guess looking for that 'perfect' new spot.

Splitting is very stressful to anemones...think about how much trauma you'd be in if you split yourself. In any event they will do that for the next few weeks and then you should see them come out again with a nice healing body. Congrats on the split.

Yeah, I guess you have a point that wrapping yourself around a rock and stretching yourself into two pieces might be stressful. I just worry that they are going to starve if they don't come out for some sun and the occasional piece of frozen squid.

Back