Potential sick fish need help

tcampbell23

Market
Reaction score
Yesterday I came home and everything was fine in my tank. Today I get home and my powder blue is hiding a lot and swimming fairly weirdly. He's also not eating... All of which is COMPLETELY not like him.

I have a video https://vimeo.com/172657818">https://vimeo.com/172657818</a>

Please excuse my French I'm a little frustrated and worried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please somebody give me some sort of advice

Can you PM JennM? I believe JennM is pretty darn good when it comes to advice on treating a sick/stressed fish?

Wannabee

He seems to be swimming close to my fire shrimp as if he wants to be cleaned causing me to think he may have ich?

Hard to tell from the video, other than it looks agitated. Is there aggression from any other tank mates?

Any physical symptoms like spots etc.?

I'd keep a close eye and report anything new - beyond that I'm not sure what to suggest at this point. I didn't see it scratching, but it did look somewhat agitated.

Jenn

I added a Mimic tang to the tank a couple days ago and the PBT was showing aggression towards him but not the other way around. I have since put the mimic tang in an acclimation box.

No physical symptoms at all. I have a QT tank ready to go if I do see anything. What medications should I have on hand to treat common illnesses?

How is the fish doing now? Two tangs of similar body shape aren't likely to get along. The powder blue is likely to be the more aggressive, especially since he was there first.

He was probably stressing out over a rival in his space.

Jenn

He's back to being himself. I never noticed any spots or signs of illness. I took the mimic tang out all together and he's in my QT tank until I move in a few weeks and get a bigger tank.

Thanks so much Jenn

tcampbell23;1089978 wrote: He's back to being himself. I never noticed any spots or signs of illness. I took the mimic tang out all together and he's in my QT tank until I move in a few weeks and get a bigger tank.

Thanks so much Jenn

:yay: Very glad to hear that everything is better :up: .

Wannabee

Back