Power head question

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
I have a 20 long with two korlia nano 425's on a smart wave controller. Do you guys think replacing one of them with a korlia 650 would be ok? Was just wanting a lil more flow.

You could if you wanted to, I guess. 2 x 425, 850 gph on a 20 gallon tank is way more than enough flow, IMO. If it doesn't seem like enough, perhaps if you redirect the flow?

Jenn

Still, one on is 20+ times turnover. Should be more than enough. What is it you are trying to achieve? I'm just curious. People often struggle with insufficient flow, but in my opinion, you could run the whole tank on one powerhead (425 gph) and have ample flow.

Jenn

I have a few dead spots. I just have it laying around and was wanting to use it. Guess I just need to move the two I have around

Well I'm not saying not to, just wondering if you 'need' to is all. You might find it's too much.

Only one way to find out :)

I'm not arguing with you :)

Brian ran a 20L for years, I'm pretty sure he 'only' had a single 240 on it, and a HOB filter.

Try the larger powerhead, let us know what you think. Your original question was would it be OK? Sure. I wouldn't say run out and buy one, but you indicated you have it, so give it a go.

Worst that can happen is that you feel it's more than you need, and you can undo it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Jenn

JennM;994433 wrote: I'm not arguing with you :)

Brian ran a 20L for years, I'm pretty sure he 'only' had a single 240 on it, and a HOB filter.

Try the larger powerhead, let us know what you think. Your original question was would it be OK? Sure. I wouldn't say run out and buy one, but you indicated you have it, so give it a go.

Worst that can happen is that you feel it's more than you need, and you can undo it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Jenn
Lol I also have 2 of the 240's laying around. Maybe I'll get a splitter and run them with the two I have now. Like you said the only thing that could happen is a sand storm. Guess I'll try it next weekend when I get back home

Back